Saturday 24 May 2008

Day 2 -Best bits of Hay...

The Hay Festival is just fabulous this year - it really goes from strength to strength. We've had some great guests on our daily show Hay-on Sky including Salman Rushdie, Fay Wheeldon and Tim Smit and the first episode of What the Dickens had everyone in stitches. Sandi Toksvig is hysterically funny - if you have not been to see the show you are definately missing out!

Tonight has been a particular highlight for me as I made my way over to the Blas Cafe to direct everyone to their seats for the annual Sky Dinner. The glitterati of the festival poured in and I took my place at the back with the security folk. That is when it happened - Ex US President Jimmy Carter arrived and shook my hand and said ''Good evening Sweetheart''!! To top everything off the sun came out today too - one could not ask for more!

Annalisa (a very contented Production Co-ordinator)

No comments: